Thursday 19 March 2009

Dog -gone Boy Blues


Oh how I love to blog.

My children are beyond fathoming - at least I dont have a teenage daughter plus her hormones to stir into the mix.... Menopause for dramatic effect.


Fergus is at RAF camp -he told me 14 of them out of the whole school had been "selected" -He "unselected" to tell me 7 of them were girls....I hope he learns nothing more than howmuch he loves his mother......I haven't heard from him since Sunday - yesterday I went into his room and cried my eyes out, which realy took me by surprise. a. it was tidy...... and b. gave me a minute glimpse of what it's going to feel like when he leaves home for good. His muted smell (ie diluted dolce & gabbana plus four days of the window open) made me miss him all the more, it was an improvement on his eye-watering "STYINK effect that normally precedes him and his bare hugs. On the upside meals are quieter and require less ingredients than a small population of a third world country so I keep over catering at supper time and the biscuits remain in the tins!!

Best of all my computer is nearly always available when I want to use it with fewer annoying downloads and randome music I have never heard of - or paid for.


Archie is not so easy to miss right now. He wont do anything other than "lolling" - Fergus's downfall is eating - Archie's is lolling.-Preferably in front of the TV. I am trying to comfort myself that he might need lolling and a boy needs peace and quiet to grow and ponder and mutate. But his lolling gets up every ones noses as he throws himself dramatically all over the sofa just as he's meant to go to the bus -or bed.He says he likes his bed better than anything - he just wont get in it when I tell him - or out of it when he's required elsewhere. Like school. "Shut-up" and "your Gay" remain the insult of choice.


Finlay it still excelling at junior gamekeeper pet of the family - which continues to be a red rag to the bull of his nearest sibling.....


Hedge is consistently smelling like an old kipper as the heather gets a torching in the name of grouse territory.


I made a presentation about my project today to the hardest audience in the universe - The Teenage brigade at the Academy in Aboyne. I spoke for 20 minutes to a sea of absolutely emotionless, expressionless blank canvasses -and I said any questions? and they all said no? then 2 of the clapped and they all left. I guess they save it all for their own mothers!! Their drama teacher made me laugh afterwards - she said" Thanks very much Mel that was absolutely fascinating - they were all enthralled and they are really interested...." (Thank god I hadn't gone to talk to them about something really exciting - it would have killed them)


We interview for the new head next thursday until then I remain a social pariah -after then - if we appoint -and she's good - it will all be forgotten - if she's no good - or we don't appoint heaven help me!!


I'm lining up next years project - I'm planning on contiuing to promote the arts in the local community by becoming a network promoter for the North East Arts Touring brigade - We hope to to put on touring theatre in Finzean. Should be a laugh, it may not be rocket science -it remains to be seen if it's Shakespeare.


Bee The Border had 4 puppies last Monday, and she's sulking cause she cant leave me babysitting and go with the keeper. However they are utterly adorable and it's NOT often i get sentimental over puppies. In another couple of weeks we will have to persuade the boys that once we have paid for the stud fee (£300) we cant possibly afford to keep one. Hedge says he thinks it's quite good money for a shag - and wonders if there might be a market for him somewhere.


Saturdays. BBC Radio Scotland - go to -Out of Doors programme -podcast is still available to download until this Saturday 21st March. Their gallery also has 3 of my shots Im particularly fond of.Thats the boy home from school so better go and be yummy as I have yet another meeting tonight....lots to do and mushroom stoganoff to make for the tea. It's Fergus's favourite..........

No comments: